Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another Excellant Hobby

Recently, I decided that I don't have nearly enough hobbies. Although Sonya would probably disagree.

I've always wanted to own a wood lathe, but never got around to actually getting one. Now that Sonya and I have a house with a basement, I decided it was time to clean it out and build a workshop.

What house is complete without one?

My new lathe came in last week and I am very excited to get started on my newest craft. Sonya is happy that I finally cleaned out the basement.

I got the lathe from Grizzly Industrial, Inc., which is now my favorite place to shop. While I was checking out, I noticed a link called Gift Cabana. It peaked my interest for some reason, so I decided to see what it was.

The Gift Cabana made me very, very happy.

It turns out, it is a gift registry and it just so happens that I'm getting married this summer. I'm not sure if Sonya is quite as excited by this find as I am, but I am beyond thrilled to say the least.

I'll post some updates on my lathe adventures in the near future.

1 comment:

Graham and Sonya said...

The clean and organized basement is wonderful! I'm glad you have a project you're excited about. The lathe shakes the whole house. It's pretty funny. Can't wait to see what you make!

- Sonya