Monday, February 9, 2009

Ski Dummy

Last week, I heard about a Beer Festival in Seven Springs. So obviously, I wanted to know more about it. I went to their website, but immediately got distracted. I stumbled upon an advertisement for an annual event called the Ski Dummy Competition. Apparently it's an event that happens every January and it just so happened that it was going to be held this weekend!

As you can imagine, I called Ryan and our friend Steve and we got plans rolling. We only had one day to construct our Ski Dummy, but that was no problem. We figured our competition probably only had a few weeks head start on us.

You have to love spur of the moment things like this.

We decided that we wanted to build something ridiculous, so we ended up building an old man with a walker on skis. We didn't have a ton of time, so we build him in cross section style. You can see what I mean in the pictures.

Sonya video taped our run and it is pretty cool.


One night of planning
One day of construction
ONE TROPHY

That's right. We won longest run and best time. Not too bad for last minute.

No comments: