Friday, December 5, 2008

Belgian Dubble

Back in August I made a Belgian Dubbel. I've always really enjoyed Abbey Ales. For this batch we made a bit of a party out of it. A few friends of mine joined in for the fun. So we had a pretty big crew.

A Belgian Dubbel is basically a brown ale. It's a little stronger that a pilsner, yet milder than a triple. Seems obvious, I know. It was originally brewed in the Trappist Monostaries. The first one was in Westmalle back in 1856.

In case you wanted to know.












Mashing











Tony dissolving the DME











Adding the Styrian Golding Hops














Ready to be bottled


Everything turned out really well with this batch. It had a great aroma and a wonderful taste. Everyone who tried it said that would love to have it again, so I was very proud. I'm sure I'll make this batch again in the near future.

No comments: