Thursday, December 11, 2008

Redneckery

One evening, while brewing of course, Ryan and I started talking about going shooting somewhere sometime. It then quickly turned into a much more complicated event. For those who know Ryan and I, that shouldn't be much of a surprise.

Our shooting trip turned into a weekend trip to Sonya and I's hometown with Ryan and his wife Nicole. While driving, I talked with my dad and made plans for the four of us to meet him at his shop so we could build a trebuchet for the event.

What shooting trip is complete without a spur of the moment construction project?

I have to admit, given more time and materials, we could have built something pretty amazing, however we were limited to an hour and half for construction and whatever scraps we could find in the shop, but we built it regardless. And it was awesome because it worked. Sometimes.

Sort of.

One of my favorite things about this trip was taking this picture of Sonya. When we first started dating, she told me that she saw a picture of me that she really liked. Now that I compare the two pictures, I think it is pretty funny how similar they are to each other. Coincidentally, they were taken in the same location, but about 3 years apart.


The weekend turned out to be just what we needed. An escape from the city with some friends for some fun. Redneck style.


No comments: